1) What first happened when Henri Piquet, a French pilot, carried about 15 kilograms of something across the Ganges from Allahabad to Naini; including something from the King George V of the United Kingdom?
2) In 1920, X and Y were introduced by Grand Duke Dimitri Pavlovitch. Dimitri had been exiled from Russia before the 1917 Bolshevik revolution for his role in the assassination of Rasputin and now, in France, had become Y’s lover in an affair that lasted for about a year. In response to her request for a perfume, X — according to his own words — presented her with two series of bottles, the first numbered 1 through 5, and the second, 20 through 24. According to X’s report of the meeting, she chose the bottle numbered “5” and, when asked what she would call it, told him that she would call it “Number Five” — which she did. X and Y please!
3) It is now well known that U.S President Mr. Donald Trump quoted Bane from the movie “The Dark Knight returns” in his inaugural address. In addition to that, social media users also accused Trump of plagiarizing the words of another movie character! He was recorded saying, “And whether a child is born in the urban sprawl of Detroit or the windswept plains of Nebraska, they look up at the same night sky, they fill their heart with the same dreams and they are infused with the breath of life by the same Almighty Creator.” From which worldwide blockbuster movie did Trump allegedly quote these words?
4) In 1983, X’s chief executive Jean-Louis Dumas was seated next to Y on a flight from Paris to London. She had just placed her straw travelling bag in the overhead compartment for her seat, but the contents fell to the deck, leaving her to scramble to replace them. Y explained to Dumas that it had been difficult to find a leather weekend bag she liked.
In 1984, he created a black supple leather bag for her! X and Y please.
5)Lanzarote, a Spanish island, is the easternmost of the autonomous Canary Islands in the Atlantic Ocean, approximately 125 km off the coast of Africa. Located in the Timanfaya National Park in Lanzarote is El Diablo,
a restaurant that’s been in business since 1970. It was constructed by Cesar Manrique, who constructed it keeping in mind the tradition of the island, and its main draw is the Grilled chicken. How is the food grilled at El Diablo?
6.It was built by a group of about 80 apprentices from Cammell Laird’s shipyard, designed in part by Mr L Pinch, a draughtsman at the yard, for exhibition at the International Garden Festival in 1984 at the place synonymous with it. It is some 51 feet long (15.62 m) and 15 feet (4.57 m) high, and weighed 18 tons. Built of steel, it has a replica control cabin containing genuine equipment, and twin spiral staircases leading to the bridge, which gave a panoramic view of the garden. What?
7.”You’re not hurt, __________?For God’s sake, say that you are not hurt!”
It was worth a wound – it was worth many wounds – to know the depth of loyalty and love which lay behind that cold mask. The clear, hard eyes were dimmed for a moment, and the firm lips were shaking. All my years of humble service culminated in that moment of revelation.”
ID the speaker and who is being talked about, both from the world of fiction.
8. Stuart Freeborn sculpted and created the original X puppet which appeared in a famous movie franchise.He has admitted on several occasions, that X ’s face is based on his own, with the addition of wrinkles from Albert Einstein, especially around the eyes to try to denote intelligence and wisdom.
9.It is believed that the __________ Lake is one of the 64 Shakti Peeths, or religious sites where parts of the charred body of Sati (Parvati) fell on earth while being carried by Lord Shiva.The spot where Sati’s eyes (or _______) fell, came to be called ________ or lake of the eye. The goddess Shakti is worshiped at the ___________ Devi Temple on the north shore of the present day lake
10.The derivation of this expression is sometimes said to be a voting system used in ancient Greece. The story goes that white ___ indicated positive votes and black ___ negative. Votes had to be unanimous, so if the collector ‘_____________’ before the vote was complete and a black ___ was seen, the vote was halted. Id the expression.
11) The term X most likely comes from an old English tradition that dates from the Middle Ages.Mead was drunk in great quantities at weddings, and after the ceremony nuptial couples were given a month’s supply of mead—sufficient for one full cycle of the moon. It was believed that by faithfully drinking mead for that first month, the woman would “bear fruit” and a child would be born within the year. Incidentally,raw honey has been shown in clinical studies to be a powerful fertility booster. Give X.
12.Indira was out in Vijayawada, with Narasimha Rao, when Buta Singh was given three choices, one of them being an elephant.
He booked a trunk call to seek Indira’s approval.
“The line was not very clear or, perhaps, Buta’s Hindi pronunciation was so thick that Indira kept hearing elephant. She kept saying no to it.”
“The comedy of errors continued till Indira handed the telephone over to Rao. In a matter of seconds, Rao, master of more than a dozen Indian and foreign languages, understood what Buta was trying to convey.”
Put funda for the confusion.